Hill Country Hounds Mobile Grooming is family owned and operated by Ashley Montandon. I have been a pet stylist for almost a decade. I began my career at a well-known chain pet store, and apprenticed with a lovely (recently retired) salon groomer in Marble Falls.
I attend continuing education classes and grooming expos to ensure your pet receives the latest and safest in grooming procedures. I am also a member of the IGA (Intellectual Groomers Association), and am pursuing my Master Groomers certification.
The information you just read is important and great for you to know. However, there is more to me than training and certifications:
- I love animals. This isn’t a job for me, this is a calling. I am dedicated to my career, and I am passionate about the comfort and well-being of your pet.
- When you book an appointment, you get me. I do not send other groomers. I want you to feel secure in my experience and comfortable knowing that you will see my smiling face each time you book with Hill Country Hounds Mobile Grooming!
I recently moved back to Marble Falls and am excited to serve the surrounding area. I have four wonderful children and a sweet Boston Terrier, named Izzy Moonpie. My hobbies include spending time with my family, volunteering at the animal shelter, horseback riding, gardening, and being outdoors.
How does mobile grooming work?
The process is simple and there are no hidden fees. I will discuss any potential additional costs prior to grooming. Simply schedule an appointment – you can do this via our online form or give me a call at 830-265-3647.
Once your appointment is booked I come to you, at the appointed time. I groom your pet in my state-of-the-art mobile pet salon. I provide my own electricity and water. All you need to do is relax and let me work my magic with your pet!
This process not only saves you time and hassle, but it also helps reduce stress for you and your pet. There is no drop-off or pick-up, and your pet doesn’t have to sit in a kennel or cage. I provide one-on-one attention.
What type of service can I expect?
When you call Hill Country Hounds Mobile Grooming, you and your pet will receive professional, reliable service in a clean, safe environment. We strive to provide the utmost comfort and convenience.
How much does it cost?
The “Services and Prices” tab provides cost estimates. When you make an appointment, we will discuss additional details and requests. Since there is a wide range of variation in breed, coats, sizes, etc., quotes are estimates. I will visually assess your pet, at the appointment, and provide a final cost – prior to the start of any work.
We don’t charge extra for many additional services like premium shampoo & conditioner, anal gland expression, ear plucking, sanitary trimming, etc. We have affordable honest pricing!
How will I know which groomer is coming when I make an appointment?
This is super important to Hill Country Hounds. Just like their people counterparts, pets feel more comfortable with consistency. You will always have the same groomer – Ashley. I value forming a relationship with my clients and their pets. Each session, I note requests and ensure that we build rapport with consistent grooming. This is an additional way we help reduce stress on you and your pet.
Is mobile grooming safer than grooming in a traditional salon?
Yes, it is! For many reasons:
- I give your pet one-on-one attention throughout the entire grooming process.
- I do not crate your animal.
- Your pet will not be exposed to any other animals – which alone is a huge stress reducer.
- Your pet receives care from a grooming expert with years of experience.
- Your pet stays close to home. We groom right outside of your door!
- The mobile salon is climate controlled – your dog will not get too hot or too cold. We know Texas weather is unpredictable, but our trailer temperature is not!
- We have our own generator so we easily regulate water temperature for perfect baths.
- The salon is sanitized after every groom.
- There is no waiting, no car ride, and no potential motion sickness for your pet.
- Most importantly – I treat your dog like they are my own. I consider them family.